NOT TURNING ON REPAIR NEAR ME
We’ll get you up and running faster than the Genius Bar!
IS YOUR MACBOOK OR PC NOT TURNING ON? THERE ARE STANDARD FAILURE MODES FOR EACH YEAR WHICH WE ARE FAMILIAR WITH REPAIRING.
Apple or other manufacturer often quotes $750-$1250 as a flat rate to “fix everything.” They fit you into a specific repair tier regardless of your issue, often charging an exorbitant amount of money even if you have a simple problem. We can often fix the problem for less than half their price. Our approach is to figure out your specific, unique problem, and charge you for repairing that only. Feel free to come into our store anytime we are open for a estimate, or message us using the form to the bottom right for questions regarding your specific issue.
What’s the cause?
There could be a number of causes for your device not turning on:
- The charging port is broken and not sending power.
- The power button is stuck on, and preventing your MacBook or PC from booting up.
- The trackpad is connected to the System Management Controller (SMC) that controls the circuits that power your device. A damaged trackpad could affect the SMC and prevent your MacBook or PC from powering on.
- Circuts inside the logic board get damaged, and will not send power to the right components.
- Damaged ports on a MacBook or PC can short components.
- Liquid spilled on your laptop can cause corrosion, shorting, and prevents boot up of your device.
We provide a estimate, but to give you a general idea of prices, see below. Pricing for specific services depends on the year & model of your machine. Feel free to reach out to us with any questions, the more detail you give us on machine history/year/model #, the better we can assist you.