While the USB connection is the most popular and common way to connect your PS4 controller to your PC, did you know that you can connect your PS4 to your PC without a USB cable? In this blog post, we will show you how to do just that!
There are several methods that work with different Operating Systems – macOS, Windows, and Linux. So regardless of which system you’re using, there’s a way for you to connect your PS4 controller without a USB cable!
Discover How to Easily You Can Connect Your Ps4 Controller Without a USB Connection
Getting a PS4 controller to work without a USB cable is easier than it sounds. All you need to do is:
- Open your PS4 dashboard and go to Settings,
- Then Devices, and select Bluetooth Devices.
- You can either use the PS4 remote or an alternative controller to take on the procedure.
- When you’ve done that, press and hold both the PS button and the Share button for about five seconds, this will produce the controller of the PS4 you currently want to connect on the screen of the Bluetooth device.
- Then, click on that controller option to complete the connection – it’s as easy as that!
How to Connect PS4 Controller Without USB or Bluetooth
Playing your favorite games on a Playstation 4 is now easier than ever, with the ability to connect the controller and steam account without needing USB or Bluetooth. This is made possible by the new Steam Link Remote Play technology, which communicates directly between the two devices. This revolutionary tech makes it simple for everyone to play their favorites with just one click!
To get started, just download the newest version of Steam and launch it on your PC. Then follow these steps:
- Sign up now or create an account!
- Log into your account using the username and password associated with it.
- You have two options for connection: Bluetooth and a USB cable. For simplicity, let’s go with the wireless Bluetooth option!
- To pair your PS4 controller with the PC, press and hold both the PS button and the Share button for a few moments until you observe that the lightbar has begun to blink. This should connect your PS4 controller to the computer.
- Access your Bluetooth and Devices settings on Windows 11 by navigating to the Settings page. After you click it, the device will be automatically added and marked as selected for use.
- In the Bluetooth menu, your PS4 controller will appear as either a PS4 Dual Shock Controller or Wireless Controller – make sure you select it.
- Log back into your Steam account.
- In the top left, locate the Steam icon and click on it.
- Simply click on the Settings button to view the controllers.
- Now click your controller to proceed.
- On the right-hand side, click on the General Control Settings button.
- Using the dropdown menu, select PlayStation configuration support for assistance.
- Get your Steam controller configured, and you’ll be ready to game.
How to Use a 3rd Party USB Dongle for Controller
If you don’t have Bluetooth connectivity, no problem! You can easily connect your controllers to any device with a 3rd party USB dongle. Just follow the simple steps below and get ready to enjoy all of your favorite games.
- Open System Settings.
- Navigate to the Devices section and select the Controller tab.
- If your display reads, “A controller can’t control this device,” set up the dongle to gain full access.
- Before using a third-party USB dongle, make sure your PC is compatible with it. Fortunately, these devices are designed to be easily used on macOS, Windows, and Linux Operating Systems.
- Make sure your dongle is compatible with the software package you are using or the PS4 game of your choice.
- To ensure that everything works correctly, properly plug in the dongle; otherwise, your PS4 won’t be able to detect it.
Now that you know how to connect your PS4 controller without a USB, it’s time to get out there and play some games! If you run into any issues or need help repairing your controller, be sure to check out Tekkies store. We can help you with any ps4 repairs or troubleshooting you may need. Thanks for reading, and we hope this article was helpful!